I recently got into a discussion online. I know, but I can’t help myself. Another person said that transgenderism is being pushed in the schools because they are trying to groom kids into following their peers into the tranny fad.
Once a child is coerced into saying “I think I’m trans” in an attempt to fit in with the cool kids and get an eject button out of being a loser, anxiety prone teen, doctors, therapists, and counselors can only offer gender-affirming care. That means immediate hormone replacement therapy and brochures on where to obtain gender reassignment surgery. Lying to children that you can just “try on” genders by tucking your dick or binding your chest is grooming them into a cult. The staggering increase in the rate of desistence and de-transitioning shows us how flawed this ideological movement is.
A leftie responded with “Can we have just one source of any kid saying they want to be cool and trans?”
I responded with:
Kids entering puberty are in the middle of changing from following a parent role model to a peer role model. When you confront them with “all the cool kids are doing it” they will do stupid things. That’s where fads come from. Adolescents learn new social skills and behavioral tendencies by observing peers. They look at their peers’ behaviors and the positive or negative consequences these peers encounter. When certain behavior of peers has positive consequences, the adolescent imitates that behavior.
So the lefty says: “So no source? Just a spew of stupidity and hypotheticals like always?”
He doesn’t know me enough to know that I always have facts.
- let’s start with “modeling in children” from the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry:
- Then we can move on to Busching, R., & Krahé, B. (2020). With a little help from their peers: the impact of classmates on adolescents’ development of prosocial behavior. Journal of Youth and Adolescence.
- Boor-Klip HJ, Segers E, Hendrickx MMHG, Cillessen AHN. Development and psychometric properties of the Classroom Peer Context Questionnaire. Social Development. 2016
- Dishion TJ, Spracklen KM, Andrews DW, Patterson GR. Deviancy training in male adolescent friendships. Behavior Therapy. 1996
- Bandura A. Social learning theory. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall; 1978
His reply? “Wish we could get you to do something productive with all your free time”
Then he progressed to “one of your sources is from 1978, that’s like 45 years ago.”
Then on to “It’s about scientific research in psychology. Homosexuality was considered a mental illness at that time. It was also illegal. You know that Nazis burnt books from trans clinic right? That a term is different than research? It’s not a coincidence that your timeline is full of bigots”
Arguing with idiots online is a waste of time, but I can’t help myself. It takes me 15 minutes to support my position, and he gets a pass with a one liner, then calls me a Nazi and a racist. You know you’re over the target when you start getting flak.