I am sure that this is just a coincidence.
For the past 18 months, we have had to listen to a neverending chorus telling us that defying the Constitutional administration is insurrection and bars you from elected office.
So all of the politicians who are claiming that they will ignore today’s SCOTUS ruling should be charged with insurrection and barred from elected office.
We all know that the Democrats want a 1,000% tax on assault weapons. This law is very broad and will tax most guns out of existence (pdf warning):
semiautomatic rifles that have the capacity to use a magazine that isn’t a fixed magazine, and any one of the following:
- a pistol grip,
- a forward grip,
- folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.
- a barrel shroud,
- a threaded barrel,
- a “functional grenade launcher.”
Or a semiautomatic rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, except for an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.
any semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to use a magazine that isn’t a fixed magazine, and any one of the following:
- a threaded barrel
- a second pistol grip (these are already NFA weapons. I don’t know what effect this law will have)
- a barrel shroud
- the capacity for inserting the magazine anywhere outside of the pistol grip (such as the CZ Scorpion and other PDWs)
- if it looks like a machine gun
- weighs more than 50 ounces (this is obviously aimed at AR pistols)
- a Stabilizing brace
- a buffer tube (again, aimed at AR pistols)
The tax will also apply to any ammunition magazine, belt, drum, etc. that holds more than 10 rounds of ammo, but specifically excludes fixed tubular .22LR magazines.
Plus a bunch of other stuff. Then it goes on to charge the tax on any of the frames, parts of the firearms covered, and parts of magazines. This is, in effect, a ban most firearms and their parts by taxing them into oblivion. Essentially the same thing that happened with the NFA. The only firearms that seem exempt are bolt, lever action, and rimfire.
Imagine a basic AR-15 that costs $11,000 and using $110 magazines.
Since it is a tax, the Senate doesn’t even have to vote on it. It can be passed through budget reconciliation.
So groups were given “battle plans” before the J6 protests. Where these plans came from is important. The FBI is known for setting these things up. I would suspect them before I would anyone in the Trump organization.
There has been reportedly been a deal reached on gun control, with 10 republicans signing on to support it. I will wait for more details since the text hasn’t been written yet, but it doesn’t look too bad. The overwhelming sense I get is that this is mostly a mental health bill. One thing that is concerning, however, is that this law will include a red flag law.
I don’t think for a second that this law will never be abused. After all, I already know from first hand experience that Domestic Violence restraining orders are routinely abused by people that want to get revenge on former paramours. A woman even was awarded one against David Letterman because, as she reported, he was beaming secret messages to her through his TV show.
I would feel better if there were a legal mechanism in place that allows for the punishment of those who abuse these legal processes in the form of what has become known as “lawfare.”
The Democrats keep asking me to give up my guns, and wonder why I refuse. This is why: A Democratic Congresswoman says that Republicans are a disease that needs to be cleansed.
This is, in my opinion, a diseased Republican Party. And it needs to be cured and cleansed.Chrissy Houlahan, Democrat, Pennsylvania Congresswoman
I’m not giving up shit.
The DOJ has assembled a panel of “experts” to study the Uvalde incident.
- Sheriff John Mina, Orange County, Florida Was a Republican, now a Democrat
- Chief Rick Braziel (retired), Sacramento, Calif. He was one of the law enforcement officers who publicly lobbied for registering ammunition sales in California.
- Deputy Chief Gene Deisinger (retired), Virginia Tech, Va. He has been covering for bad policing since at least 2013: While this may be true, Deisinger said he is frustrated by the widespread criticism of law enforcement without providing any real alternatives. “One of my criticisms of North American culture is that we are really good at criticizing what somebody else did or failed to do,” Deisinger said.
- Director of Public Safety Frank Fernandez (retired), Coral Gables, Fla. He has been involved in the gun control movement for most of the last decade: “An 18-year-old with an AK-47 and an AR-15 is completely unreasonable,” said Frank Fernandez, director of public safety in Coral Gables, Florida, and the chairman of the International Association of Chiefs of Police’s firearms committee. “That is a weapon that is meant for destruction. It’s not a weapon that you can use to go hunting. That is a weapon … used in the theater of war.”
- Albert Guarnieri, FBI Unit Chief. This is the only panelist I couldn’t find a thing on.
- Major Mark Lomax (retired), Pennsylvania State Police, Pa. While campaigning for Sheriff of Bucks county as a Democrat, his position on guns was: While he supports the Second Amendment, he believes strongly in licensing and training and sees on need for assault weapons such as AR-15s.
- Laura McElroy, CEO, McElroy Media Group. This woman has been a media “spin master” for police departments like Chicago, Tampa, and others. She specializes in putting a good face on incidents where cops screw up.
- April Naturale, Assistant Vice President, Vibrant Emotional Health This woman is everywhere. She claims to specialize in traumatic stress. She has responded to the war in Ukraine, she was involved with the Feds, the UN, and COVID-19 (pdf warning), the shootings in San Bernardino, Sandy Hook, Hurricane Katrina, and numerous other mass shooting events. It’s like she goes everywhere there is a tragedy that was exploited by the left.
- Chief Kristen Ziman (retired), Aurora, Ill. Has been a part of the effort for more gun control in Illinois for years. She was involved in a scandal where she got intoxicated and left her service weapon behind in a bar before getting a subordinate to take the blame so her chances at becoming a Police Superintendent would not be ruined.
Every one of them is an antigun, pro police Democrat. I can already tell you what the findings of this whitewash will be.
In my post on “educating a leftie,“ I gave examples of just one year of leftist violence. In fact, other than the minor skirmishes of J6, the left has been the one to instigate all of the political violence in the past 6 years.
The latest example is this morning’s attempted assassination of a sitting Supreme Court Justice by a self described Democrat who had hoped to kill a conservative court member to flip the composition of the court so that he could “save” gun control and abortion.
Unlike the J6 trespassers, he will be granted bail by the end of the month, while some present in the Capitol are facing 40 years in Federal prison. There are two justice systems in the US now.
- I am not counting the attempted “abduction” of Governor Whitmer, since a court of law found that the entire plot was planned and fabricated by the FBI as a device to entrap the people involved.
I asked a couple of days ago why they were making such a big deal about the police not doing their jobs. I was wondering what the end game was, and I think I have it. They are following the Alinsky “Rules for Radicals” and the CIA insurgency manual. If you are unfamiliar with them, I did a three part series on them back in 2020. You can find part one here, part two here, and part three is here.
When an attempted overthrow of a government is in the works, one of the things that needs to happen is a loss of trust in the government’s ability to run things and provide needed services to its citizens. They do this by using violence and mayhem to both make the citizens feel unsafe, and to sabotage infrastructure so that people are crying out for basic services.
Once the people don’t trust the government to do that job any more, they turn to the revolutionaries to do it for them, and the revolutionaries step in and “fix” the problem that they themselves created. I think we are seeing a variation of that. The left already hates the local and state police. Now all they have to do is get the right on board.
American Greatness thinks that this is exactly what is happening to the police, and I can’t say that I disagree with them. That is no way means that I am going to support cops who stand around and arrest parents while children are being murdered, but I see what is happening.
The police have chosen sides. They want the left to be in control. I can no longer support the police. I know what many of you are saying: “I have a friend who is a cop, and he is a good guy.”
To that I ask you: “Imagine that you were the man who was walking down this sidewalk in front of a protest and were being harassed by these leftist idiots, just like in the video below. The cops came up to you and were plainly taking the side of the leftists. You tell those cops to get lost and one of them arrests you for stalking and assaulting the protesters. Your friend the cop then approaches. Whose side will he choose? Yours? Or his fellow officers?”
Watch this and see how the cop, who is following the guy and saw the entire incident, takes the side of the leftists. Then see how the other cops arrive and immediately defer to the first cop’s judgment. That is how it ALWAYS works.
I promise you that he will choose to support the other cops 100% of the time. He will protect his pension, his job, and support the blue wall over those who think that they are his friends. Cops do not go against other cops, mostly because they want to protect their jobs and pensions.
The only exception to this is if the aggrieved party is a part of the protected minority class, and there is a public lynching in progress by the left. (Ask Derek Chauvin how much he was supported by his “brothers in blue.”)