JKB over at GunFreezone posts about lefties who want to have “an honest, tough conversation about race.” You’re kidding me, right? It seems like that’s all we ever do is talk about race. I’ve been posting the inconvenient facts for well over a decade.
OK. Let’s start here:
- Blacks are 13% of the population, but commit 43 to 53 percent of the murders (due to year to year variation)
- Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
- When a black person is the perpetrator, forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic.
- When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
- Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
- Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.
- In San Francisco, Blacks are the perpetrators of 85% of ALL violent assaults, and Asians are the victims.
- Black women are 3 times more likely to likely to be unwed teen mothers than other races, 4 times more likely to commit murder, deal drugs, become prostitutes, or be murdered than any other race.
- Asians are only 4% of the population, but make up 20% of the student body in Ivy League schools.
A recent shooting in an Orlando area high school is a perfect illustration. An 18 year old student’s father wants him to be a football star. He gets shot because reasons by a 16 year old student who attends the same high school. Both are black.
Now you think that I am going to talk about the shooting. Nope. One black teen shooting another is so commonplace, it’s become cliché. No, I am going to talk about the McIntyre’s father pushing him to be a football player. See, according to MaxPreps, the kid only played for one season. He is 18 years old, and still only has enough credits to be a junior. He should be graduating this year, but has failed too many classes to do so.
As an 18 year old, fifth year senior with only 4 solo tackles and 5 games played, he is a bench warmer. His father hasn’t made him value education, and has settled on the last refuge of a failed high school career- “I’m gonna be a sports star.” The truth here is that he isn’t going to be a sports anything. At 18 years old, he has already become a cliché. He didn’t attend school, tried playing football for a month or two, and is now facing a life of poverty, minimum wage, and joblessness. He is more likely to spend his life in jail than he is to earn an above average salary. Because of all of this, he will blame police, white people’s privilege, gun violence, and everything else OTHER than his own actions.
In the eight years that I was a teacher, I can’t tell you how many young men, especially black men, told me that they were going to be sports stars. Hundreds. My wife has been a teacher for 18 years. She has seen thousands make the same claim. In all of that time, we have seen exactly five of them make it past the high school level and into a division 1 sports program. Only one has made the pros.
- One of them was a D1 girls’ volleyball player.
- One was a D1 baseball player. He never started college because he was shot in the leg by his drunken father two weeks before high school graduation, ending his baseball career before high school was even over.
- One of them was given a full ride D1 college football scholarship, but was arrested for selling drugs over the summer before he left for college, thus ending his college football hopes.
- One of them actually graduated from a major university after playing football on a college scholarship. He didn’t make the NFL.
- One student actually went to a major league team.
One student out of the thousands of students. Your odds of getting a good job are better if you go to school and learn a trade. Don’t expect that you can skip school, get nothing but failing grades, then play a sport for a few weeks and become a millionaire. That almost NEVER happens.
Blacks need to stop using and selling drugs, stop impregnating their young women before walking out on them, they need to stay in school. Stop calling the few blacks who DO become successful “Oreo”, “Uncle Tom”, or “Carlton” and encourage success in a profession other than Rapper, Athlete, or Drug Dealer.
You aren’t going to do that by demanding that the police be defunded. You can’t do it at the point of a gun, nor while a member of a street gang.
How is that for an honest, tough discussion?