From a nursing textbook:
Delusions: A false, unshakable belief which is out of keeping with the patients social and cultural background.
- A new meaning arises not in connection with other psychopathological event and is not understandable.
- Delusional mood: has knowledge of something going on around him but do not know what it is.
- Delusional perception: attribution of new meaning to a normally perceived object.
- Delusional idea: delusion appears fully formed in the mind.
- A delusion which is understandable in terms of persons cultural background or emotional state.
Content of delusions
- Delusions of persecution
- Persons or groups.
- About to be killed or being tortured.
- Being robbed of property or knowledge.
- Of being poisoned or infected.
- Delusions of reference.
- Delusions of influence.
- Delusions of jealousy.
- Infidelity- seen in brain disease, alcohol addiction, affective psychoses and can be dangerous, may attempt murder.
- Delusions of love.
- Erotomania: may try to follow, contact or persuade.
- Grandiose delusions.
- Schizophrenia, drug dependence ,organic brain syndromes, mania (jocular and haughty).
- Regarding worth, talent, knowledge or power.
- Delusions of ill health
- Depressive illness, schizophrenia.
- Could be extended to cover persecutory delusions.
- Hypochondriacal delusions.
- Some physical defect, disorder or incurable diseases.
- Infestations, ugly or dysfunctional body parts
- May include spouse or children.
- Result of somatic hallucinations in schizophrenia.
- Delusions of guilt
- Unpardonable sin.
- Can give rise to persecutory delusions.
- Lead to suicide.
- Nihilistic delusions .
- Denies the existence of body, mind, loved ones or the whole world.
- Very agitated depression, delirium, schizophrenia.
- Delusions of poverty- Destitution is facing him and family.
- Delusional misidentification.
- Capgras syndrome.
- Religious delusions- Can be grandiose in nature.
- Delusions of control.
- Don’t play into the delusions, but don’t argue with the patient.
- Instead, be firm: “You know that isn’t true. Let’s stay focused on what is real.”
- Be calm, patient, acceptance, active listening. Don’t condemn the patient, but help them to come to the realization that what they are experiencing isn’t reality.
- Place delusion in a time frame and identify triggers.
- Identify all the components , triggers related to stress or anxiety.
- If related with anxiety, teach anxiety management skills.
- Develop symptom management program.
- Assess intensity frequency and duration
- Fleeting delusions can be worked out in a short time frame.
- Listen quietly until need to discuss.
- Identify emotional components.
- Observe for evidence of concrete thinking. Is patient and nurse using language in the same way?
- Observe speech for symptoms of a thought disorder.
- Maintain consistency.
Just going to leave this here while noting that it doesn’t say to buy into the delusion by using their preferred pronouns.
wojtek · May 25, 2023 at 2:53 pm
I am not going to get your blog in trouble, so I won’t say that there were reasons why not so long ago transgenderism and homosexuality were considered mental illnesses.
Divemedic · May 25, 2023 at 3:10 pm
Won’t get MY blog in trouble. I have said far worse on here.
The Magnificent Cloaca · May 25, 2023 at 3:21 pm
Facts don’t matter with true believer Long March comrades.
They cry out as they strike you.
Big Ruckus D · May 25, 2023 at 6:06 pm
Ok, you’ve quoted the pertinent parts of a nursing manual. Getting inside the mind of these wokefag freaks, the predictable response will be (crickets) followed by more explosive invective on how you are spreading hate and other such inane bullshit, and need to be doxxed and cancelled.
The people defending transfaggotry and other scourges of wokeness don’t care about any of that, they themselves are caught up in the ultimate delusion; the complete denial of objective reality.
Remember, there are licensed MDs at “respected” institutions like Mayo and Cleveland Clinic actively prescribing puberty blockers, hormones, and doing genital mutilations on children who have been misguided into this shit by evil and subversive teachers, and with the full support of stupid/evil/mentally defective parents.
Quoting a nursing manual will mean nothing to these deranged assholes. It is the same refusal to acknowledge objective reality we witnessed writ large during covid. It is of an ideology at least as rabid amongst it’s adherents as the worst fanatically imposed tyrannies of the covid era.
I fully understand, agree with and support the point made jn this post. But it is, in essence, conflating what should be with what is. Right now, “what is” is the officially sanction practice of destroying people, especially children, via this diseased and destructive way of thinking. And anyone who challenges the proponents of this garbage is subject to getting swarmed by the most disgusting and annoying shits that exist among us. Further, that is done with the full support of TPTB.
Rick T · May 25, 2023 at 6:13 pm
What would happen to a surgeon that did a gastric bypass on an anorexic or bulimic patient? That’s the same penalty that should be imposed on any medical professional who enables a patient’s transexual delusion.
Big Ruckus D · May 25, 2023 at 7:13 pm
As things stand presently, I’m not sure anything would happen. Medical malpractice is being actively condoned (as relates to transfaggotry anyway) so why not give full institutional support to some poor bastard suffering from an eating disorder having surgery to worsen their condition? Makes just as much sense, which is to say, none at all. We can call the movement translenderism. You heard it here first.
Have I mentioned how much I despise fake and ghey clown world?
Red · May 25, 2023 at 7:25 pm
I have a friend whose ex-husband after years of mental illness got the “I’m a Woman” surgery after she divorced him. Afterwards he actually was able to get off some of his psych meds. He’s lived a quiet life and now is suffering from dementia requiring him to be in a Home.
Every single “Trans” person I’ve known has been mentally ill.
Skyler the Weird · May 26, 2023 at 6:12 am
Maybe a sign of the End Times as a Strong Delusion grips the people who will fall for the false flags and wonders of the man of perdition.