We began the 72 hour checklist at 5 pm this afternoon.
- Vehicles and gas cans filled with fuel.
- Propane tanks all filled.
- Test run the genny.
- All outdoor furniture inside.
- Garage reorganized so we can get both vehicles inside.
- 5 gal Water cans retrieved and filled.
- Charge batteries.
Then there are the Divemedic family hurricane traditions that need to be carried out 24 hours before storm conditions:
Stock up on Poptarts and chips for snacking
Prepare to buy Publix Subs (We like to have food for the storm that doesn’t need electricity or other heat for preparation and is easy and quick to eat, even in the dark.)
Now we wait for the weather forecast to see what is in store for us. Either way, our plans for the three day weekend are ruined.