I am a huge fan of logic problems. Here is one that took me awhile. Legend has it that it was written by Einstein. The problem goes like this:
- There are five houses lined up next to each other along a street.
- Each house is a different color
- Each homeowner is of a different nationality, drinks a different beverage, smokes a different brand of cigar, and owns a different pet.
- The Englishman lives in the house with red walls.
- The Swede keeps dogs.
- The Dane drinks tea.
- The house with green walls is just to the left of the house with white walls.
- The owner of the house with green walls drinks coffee.
- The man who smokes Pall Mall keeps birds.
- The owner of the house with yellow walls smokes Dunhills.
- The man in the center house drinks milk.
- The Norwegian lives in the first house.
- The Blend smoker has a neighbor who keeps cats.
- The man who smokes Blue Masters drinks beer.
- The man who keeps horses lives next to the Dunhill smoker.
- The German smokes Prince.
- The Norwegian lives next to the house with blue walls.
- The Blend smoker has a neighbor who drinks water.
The question is: Who owns a pet fish? The answer later this evening…