WIRED tries to make the case that virtual crimes should carry criminal penalties because the virtual world seems real to some people. I have a few questions:
- If I commit a virtual crime, will my avatar go to virtual prison?
- If I am accused of a virtual crime, do I receive a virtual trial?
- Will I get virtual jury duty?
- If my avatar is a POC, can I receive virtual affirmative action?
- Do I have virtual rights under a virtual constitution?
Big Ruckus D · January 28, 2022 at 8:34 pm
1. No, assuming you are not an annointed minority, real you goes to prison.
2. No, you get a real trial in a fake kangaroo court. Enhanced charges for a hate crime as well.
3. No, see 2 above. Be thankful just to get your parking validated.
4. No, you’ll be further excoriated for cultural appriopriation.
Again, in the real world.
5. No, there is no constitutuon, only Zuul. Stop clinging to such quaint antiquities. You did, however, violate the EULA. You read it before you checked the box, didn’t you?
joe · January 28, 2022 at 8:40 pm
the left making the unreal as real as possible…all of them are short bus riding retards…
Toastrider · January 28, 2022 at 9:00 pm
Wait, seriously? They’re talking about MUDs? People getting worked up over MUDs for God’s sake?!
Jesus! I used to play on those, back in the day. I once managed to hack off a high level player and he player-killed my guy like thirty times.
Strangely, I am still untraumatized by the incident.
Steve S · January 29, 2022 at 12:23 pm
Talk about divorced from reality.
LEROY JENKINS !!!
FRONT_TOWARD_ENEMY · January 29, 2022 at 1:39 pm
Lot’s of people all along the history of our species have thought that way.
That 2+2 can be something other than 4 is ridiculous and it can not happen.
But all of the things that CAN happen are far from ridiculous.
If it can be done it is highly probable that it will be done.
We paid for the “gain of function” research to be carried out in chicom china military laboratories.
You probably can’t find in an asylum for the criminally insane somebody crazy enough to suggest such venality.
nazi germany, soviet russia and commie china have caused what, more than 200 million human lives?
How many of the victims considered, at one time, what finally ended up happening to them, ridiculous?
I suggest you don’t understand leftoxenomorphs.
germany was considered one of the most civilized countries in Europe.
japan was a country of many courtesies and apparently somewhat civilized.
And the USA was the shining jewel of Western civilization and exceptional from any point of view.
germany gave us the Holocaust and the whole of WW2.
japan was throwing bubonic plague bombs over china and giving us their part of WW2.
And by the removal by fraud of the consent of the governed the late Constitutional Republic the United States of America (July 4th, 1776 – November 3rd, 2020) is no more.
Sure, the buildings are there.
But this is not America.
It is not ridiculous, at all.
If we give them time, the leftoxenomorphs will implement all the things that today are being considered “ridiculous”
madmarc · January 30, 2022 at 10:19 am
Virtual crime and punishment exists now. Getting banned from a platform probably qualifies. It equates, roughly, with letting a criminal out on bail after murdering one of their own.
Comments are closed.