This attorney, former history teacher, former Marine, and current liberal claims that the defeat of last January 6’s “attempted coup” was due to the overwhelming force that the Federal government can bring to bear. He goes on to say that local school boards are at risk because they are “soft targets.”
No, the reason that it failed as a coup is that it WASN’T a coup. No one except the police were armed. There is even video on this very website of the police letting them into the building. Contrast that with the violent riots of the summer of 2020, where dozens were killed, and which party represents the greatest threat?
This guy is an asshole. He doesn’t even realize that the home addresses of every Florida voter are posted online. Florida has a very robust public records law, and we like it that way.
In fact, thanks to that law, we can see that this article and this man are both liars. See, the claim is that Mr. Filipkowski was a Republican until January 7th, when he was so disgusted by the actions in the Capitol the previous day, he went down and changed his party affiliation to Democrat. Well, looking up his voter registration tells a different tale:
- FILIPKOWSKI, RONALD JOSEPH was born 30 October 1968, is male, registered as Florida Democratic Party, residing at 201 S Palm Ave, #401, Sarasota, Florida 34236. Florida voter ID number 100252455. This is the most recent information, from the Florida voter list as of 30 November 2021.
- 30 November 2020 voter list: RONALD J. FILIPKOWSKI, 201 S PALM AVE, #401, SARASOTA, 34236 Florida Democratic Party.
- 31 July 2020 voter list: RONALD J. FILIPKOWSKI, 3782 KINGSTON BLVD, SARASOTA, 34236 Florida Democratic Party.
- 31 May 2019 voter list: Ronald J. Filipkowski, 8220 Lakewood Ranch BLVD, APT 402, Lakewood Ranch, 34236 Florida Democratic Party.
- 31 October 2016 voter list: RONALD J. FILIPKOWSKI, 3810 TORREY PINES BLVD, SARASOTA, 34236 Florida Democratic Party.
He has been a Democrat since before the 2016 election, perhaps longer. I am sure that he was once a Republican, because his 28 year old son is named Ronald Reagan Filipkowski, but the switch to the left occurred before the Trump campaign was a thing, and long before last January.