A fire in a public housing duplex killed 4 adults and 8 kids. As a retired firefighter, I can tell you that this is the sort of fire that all firefighters dread.

The thing that is incredible to me is that there were 26 people staying in the two apartments, and at least some of the smoke detectors failed to function. The housing authority claims that all of them were working in May when the unit was inspected.

Categories: Uncategorized


Toastrider · January 6, 2022 at 9:27 am

Not improbable that the detectors had been disabled because one or more of the adults was a smoker.

ChuckInBama · January 6, 2022 at 11:51 am

The housing authority only checks the smoke detectors once a year ??

joe · January 6, 2022 at 7:40 pm

blah, blah, blah…whatever…some city employee walked by the stench filled apartment and checked some boxes and kept walking…

    Jonathan · January 7, 2022 at 12:11 am

    I assume something like that happened. I doubt the workers can be bothered to do a full inspection unless they have a grudge against the inhabitants…

Big Ruckus D · January 6, 2022 at 8:28 pm

So some section 8’s probably torched their own joint while violating the terms of the lease, and now the city is to blame. Good thing the the taxpayers can be soaked again to cover the settlement that will undoubtedly be paid out.

Comments are closed.